State severance taxes or state social security income taxes may be withheld. If you do not provide us with your Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) we may withhold federal income taxes as required by the IRS. If you are a non-resident alien, we may be required to withhold federal taxes from your check.